Post Dirty Tiger, Things I Learned
As some of you may know I helped a friend put on a local mud run called Dirty Tiger last weekend. These are the lessons I learned over the process.
- When putting on an event like this, have a good partner(s). If they don’t do the work they don’t reap the rewards.
- No matter how much you advertise you may not get the response you hoped for.
- Be prepared to work you ass off! You are building a 5k trail, remember that.
- Always ALWAYS over estimate on time, you can never have enough.
- Test EVERYTHING first.
- On the day of the event keep your volunteers happy first and foremost. They make the whole thing work and without them there is no mud run.
- Don’t forget the beer.
All together it was a great event. When it was all said and done I could see myself doing it again.
This post has 1 note